Clearpoint Business Group is required to comply with United States Government (USG) export control regulations. As a result, all CBG OneID users are required to complete identity verification and proofing to ensure compliance with federal law. This identity verification and proofing process is to verify citizenship eligibility with regards to export-controlled information.
To complete identity verification:
- Determine which documents you will need. In order to verify citizenship, you must produce either 1 document from List A, or 1 document from lists B and C. Please see the information to the right to determine which documents are acceptable.
- Complete the “Identity Verification Attestation of Identity” form.
- Visit an identity proofer in-person or complete electronic identity proofing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to provide identity verification for my CBG OneID account?
Clearpoint Business Group’s IT infrastructure includes controlled and regulated environments under US law. These information systems (IS) are restricted to US persons only (as defined by the US Department of State). Clearpoint Business Group must maintain compliance with federal law and internal policies with regards to sensitive information protection.
What happens if I fail to provide identity verification for my CBG OneID account?
If you fail to provide proper identity verification, your access to certain Clearpoint Business Group services may be restricted. In addition, your account may be terminated for non-compliance with Clearpoint Business Group policies.
I can’t complete in-person identity proofing. How can I satisfy identity verification requirements?
We recommend completing electronic identity proofing. For more information, please click here.
I’m concerned about privacy and security. How do you protect the privacy of my information?
Acceptable Identity Documents
The name on IDs must agree with the name on the badge being issued unless accompanied by official name change document or endorsement. All documents must be valid and unexpired. Only original documents or copies certified by the original issuing authority may be used.
This chart and acceptable documents is for physical & logical access only and does not pertain to acceptable documentation required for employment eligibility Form I-9.
List A documents verify both citizenship and identity. For foreign nationals (non-US persons) and U.S. legal permanent residents, you must produce a document from this list.
- US Passport or Passport Card
- US Native American Enhanced Tribal Card (ETC)
- US Government Common Access Card (CAC)
- Only with GREEN bar or NO color bar
- Global Entry or NEXUS Card
- Must indicate “Citizen USA”
US Permanent Residents
- US Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- US Permanent Resident Re-entry Permit or Refuge Travel Document (Form I-327 or I-571)
- Foreign Passport with temp I-551 Stamp & with unexpired U.S. visa affixed accompanied by approved Form I-94 or I-94A.
- Foreign Passport with unexpired U.S. visa affixed accompanied by approved Form I-94 or I-94A.
- US Employment Authorization Document containing a photo (Form I-776, I-668, I-668A, I-668B)
- US Government Common Access Card (CAC)
- BLUE BAR only
List B documents verify identity only. These document options are only available for US citizens.
- Previously issued Clearpoint Business Group, LLC. ID
- Previously issued student ID (under 18 only)
- US Federal, State or Local Government issued Photo ID.
- Any Photo ID issued by a federal, state or local government of a U.S. state, jurisdiction or territory (Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Swain’s Island, Guam)
List C documents verify citizenship only. These document options are only available for US citizens.
- US Birth Certificate
- Issued by a U.S. state, jurisdiction or territory (Puerto Rico, U.S. V.I., North Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Swain’s Island, Guam)
- NOTE: Puerto Rican birth certificates issued before July 1, 2010 are not acceptable.
- US Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550, N-570, N-578)
- US Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350)
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560)
- US Certification of Birth Abroad (Form FS-545)